RTO Requirements and Responsibilities: Complying With Legislation
Running an RTO is complex and requires a clear understanding of the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements (and there are plenty of them!) The VET sector is a highly regulated industry, and for good reason. It is so important to ensure the quality and integrity of vocational education and its providers in Australia.
Here, we hope to provide you with some top-level information about your requirements and responsibilities for complying with legislation.
Top Tip: any and all executive officers and high managerial agents of a training organisation must meet the Fit and Proper Person Requirements 2011, and sign a declaration stating so each time they apply to renew registration or employ a new manager.
To read more about Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements 2011, click here.
This information must be provided to ASQA by 30 June each year as an annual summary report. To read more about Data Provision Requirements, click here.
Australian Qualifications Framework: the national policy for regulated qualifications in education and training.
To read more about the expectations for RTOs to maintain their scope of registration, click here.
For more details and how to request a licence, click here.
To read about your RTO’s requirements and responsibilities for complying with legislation in full, click here.
For further reading on ASQA’s compliance requirements:
- Principles of Assessment: What This Means for RTOs
- What Are the Rules of Evidence and Why Are They So Important?
- ASQA Explained: RTO Audit Process
- ASQA Student Survey: The What, Why and How Explained
- How RTOs Can Involve Other Parties in Collecting Assessment Evidence
- RTO Standards Guide: Top Tips for Compliant Marketing and Recruitment Practices
- Volume of Learning Explained for RTOs
- Accessibility for People With Disabilities in Vocational Education
- The What, Why and How of the ASQA Learner and Employer Questionnaires
Here's some related articles you might be interested in
Deliver better training for hands-on learning
Start your 14 day free trial today and discover how Cloud Assess can transform your business.
Rated 4.8 / 5 from hundreds of independent reviews